This page highlights Wellbeing in Sexual Health and HIV (WISHH) activities that aim to enhance capacity building and knowledge transfer.
Joint the network for free.
Pregnancy and Parenthood in Young People - Draft Strategy Consultation Event
Do any of the following apply to you?
- I provide support/services to young people
- I'm interested in helping young people be prepared for parenthood
- I want to help young people fulfil their choices and aspirations
If so, you'll want to know more about the Scottish Government's draft proposal on actions to support pregnancy and parenthood in young people. NHS Health Scotland is organising a series of free events across Scotland to encourage discussion and debate about these proposals.
Aim of events
The events are to increase understanding about the proposals in the draft Pregnancy and Parenthood in Young People Strategy and:
- identify any areas of concern
- encourage individual/organisational feedback on the draft proposals
Who should attend
People who should attend include:
- commissioners of young people's services
- people who work in schools and other education units
- youth work and CLD staff
- people working in sexual health and maternity services
- FNP nurses
- health improvement practitioners/leads in Local Authorities and health agencies
- social work staff
- third sector agencies
Where and when will the events be
Events are as follows and all are free to attend.:
- Tuesday 25th August, 10:00 to 13:00, Glasgow (Grand Central Hotel)
- Tuesday 1st September, 10:30 to 13:3030, Aberdeen (Park Inn by Radisson)
- Tuesday 8th September, 10:00 to 13:00, Edinburgh (COSLA Conference Centre)
Places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis up to a maximum of 50 places per session.
Find a copy of the registration form, to be completed and returned, in our publications section.
Find out more
For further information / queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.