Alcohol Brief Interventions: A&E Professional Pack for use by practitioners screening and delivering alcohol brief interventions in the A&E setting.
Alcohol Brief Interventions: Antenatal Professional Pack for use by practitioners screening and delivering alcohol brief interventions in the antenatal setting.
Alcohol Brief Interventions: Primary Care Professional Pack to support healthcare professionals to screen and deliver alcohol brief interventions, aimed at:
- practitioners who are involved in the delivery of alcohol brief interventions in the primary care setting
- alcohol brief intervention trainers
- individuals with strategic/operational responsibility for the implementation of the HEAT Standard for alcohol brief interventions.
Following screening, the practitioner will assess the patient’s readiness to change in respect of their drinking habits and provide a booklet to support their needs.
The ABI Briefing Paper and the ABI Antenatal Briefing Paper summarise the background, policy framework, and delivery of ABIs.
Making a Change offers practical advice about how to change drinking habits.
- Cutting down your drinking: a step by step guide. This resource is aimed at those who are experiencing a range of adverse consequences as a result of their pattern of drinking. Individuals can work through the resource either on their own or with the support of a professional. A 12-week drinks diary and a small pull-out pocket drinks diary for a further 6-weeks are included. The pocket diary is also available separately if further supplies are needed.
- Alcofacts: A guide to responsible drinking. This booklet explains what you need to know about alcohol, and how, for those who choose to consume alcohol, to do so responsibly.
- Survival Guide to Drinking. A guide for young people outlining how they can have a good night out without adverse consequences.
- You, your child and alcohol (external website). The Scottish Government guide for parents with practical advice about how to talk to your child about alcohol.
Simple Guide: alcohol and drugs in the workplace
One of a series of booklets for employers to take action to prevent ill health and promote good health. This guide explains:
- why having an alcohol and drugs policy in the workplace policy is useful
- legal duties and obligations
- the process of creating a policy and
- key elements of a policy.
For more alcohol related publications please go to the resources page.
Back to top
Updated 18 October 2015