An introduction to NHS Health Scotland´s work on food and health
Find food and health background and policy information
Access all news and archived news from NHS Health Scotland
Food & Health Alliance
- The Food & Health Alliance is managed by NHS Health Scotland and supported by the Scottish Government and Food Standards Agency Scotland.
- The Alliance is a network for everyone in Scotland with an interest in food and health. It represents the range of stakeholders involved in implementing a multi-sector, food-chain based food and health strategy.
- Membership includes a broad range of sectors such as national and local government, NHS health boards and Community Healthcare Partnerships, community planning, voluntary and community organisations, national governance organisations, research and academia, media, local enterprise companies and all food-chain organisations. test save.
What are the aims of the Food & Health Alliance?
The Food & Health Alliance aims to support the implementation of national food and health policy in Scotland. This will be achieved by:
- effective communication between all stakeholders involved in food and health - share resources and find out about current developments
- providing opportunities for debate - comment on other resources and attend events
- sharing food and health evidence and information, for example promoting good practice
- learning and development opportunities - find out about government policy, networking events and training.
- Find out more about the Food & Health Alliance (external link)
Food and Health Learning
Details of opportunities for learning and training about food and health issues and related networks for sharing knowledge and best practices.
Reviewed 24 July 2014
Back to top